Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Friday, May 18

Commencement Weekend

It's Commencement Weekend!

In two days, approximately 200 engineering and computer science students will be crossing the stage to receive their diplomas from the Hajim School of Engineering & Applied Sciences at the University of Rochester. The students, and we staff, have worked very hard to get to this point. And here we are. It's been a whirlwind.

And I can't shake this cold.

I caught this cold on Wednesday, April 25. It totally shut down my workout routine. I thought I had kicked it by Thursday, May 3, and began working out again. I switched from the treadmill to the elliptical machine and got the same workout in half the time. For two days.

Then on Saturday, the cold kicked me in the butt yet again. Slightly different symptoms, but still a cold.... low energy, foggy head, etc. Plus this time, a nasty cough. So, I haven't worked out since then. I HAVE been a good girl with the diet, but I've basically just maintained where I'm at, not really lost any weight.

So here I am, heading into Commencement Weekend, hoping to God I can keep my energy up. I have to be in several places over the course of the weekend, most of the time dressed up. I'm sweating just thinking about it.

So, no exciting news to report. Sometimes the only thing you can do it just slog through days and look forward to coming out on the other side and catching a break. Here's hoping that I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment