Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 9

Wasted Days and Wasted Nights...

Ok, so I haven't blogged since May 2. And it's now May 9.

On May 2 I felt like a cold or something was coming on. So that night I took some nighttime cold medication and went to bed. I woke up Thursday morning feeling like do-do. I went to work because (a) it was to be the day our college seniors displayed and demo'd their senior design projects, and (b) I had a 2:30 pm appointment near work with my oncologist.

It was an incredibly difficult 6 hours. I couldn't focus on anything. I just wanted to put my head down on the desk. Needless to say, I (a) did not work out that morning, and (b) did not go to Senior Design Day, not wanting to infect the masses. After my oncologist appointment (which went well), I went home and went straight to bed.

Friday I called in sick and stayed in bed for the entire weekend, even missing church and only venturing out to (a) return my old cell phone, lest I get dinged to the tune of $500.00 and (b) buy more cold medicine.

Monday, the body felt somewhat better but the head was still in a bit of a fog. I returned to work and muddled through the best I could, getting a surprising amount of work done. Tuesday was better; I had a burst of energy and greatly reduced the "to-do" pile. That brings me to today.

It's May 9, and I haven't worked out since April 30. But I am still fighting the last vestiges of a cold. Mostly what lingers is the cough and low energy, in spite of what I wrote in the previous paragraph. I think it's gonna take the better part of the week to kick this thing, maybe this weekend too. All I know is I've got to kick it before NEXT weekend because that will be Commencement weekend and I'll need every bit of energy I can muster to work it. I hope to be able to pick up the workouts by next Monday at the latest. I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment