Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 11

Donna The Gym Rat, Day 2


Ok, I just wanna whine for a minute.

Another gym rat was using the ab machine I wanted. So I got on the one that gives me a mini-mammogram (you push down on a bar and unless you're sitting back, you pinch your breasts - it's definitely designed for a flat-chested person!). I used that machine until my preferred machine was free.


Then the water in the shower was ice-cold and it took a long time to warm up. (Ok, it was like a minute. But I stood there naked and shivering for that minute.)

Ok, I'm done whining now. Was that a full minute? No? Just 20 seconds? Good, I'll save the remaining 40 seconds and use them tomorrow.
No I won't (hopefully)!

So anyway, I did an hour again at the gym... 30 minutes aerobics, 30 minutes strength training and body sculpting. Man, that strength training is tough. I had to set all the machines I used on the lowest weight possible... 10 lbs... and even then, they were tough. I guess my arms are weak and wimpy! Got to change that. Hopefully that will be one of the results of doing the strength training.

New today! I am beginning a food diary. Since the weight isn't coming off and I haven't really changed anything except to begin working out, I have to assume the devil is in the diet. I am tracking type of food group, time of day eaten, what I ate, # calories total, and # calories each of protein, carbs and fat. Then I'm running a cumulative total of my calories for the day. Hopefully some big glaring problems will stare me in the face within a week and I can make some changes to my diet.

Ok, got to get to work. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment