Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Friday, May 7

It's my bloggy and I'll whine if I want to!

Someone asked me, "Are you writing positive stuff in your blog or negative?" I quipped, "It's my bloggy and I'll whine if I want to!"

Go ahead.... groan if you want to, groan if you want to....

Soooo. Does a frozen custard count as a fruit? No? Really? Crap.

Seriously, I have bad news and good news. The bad news? Wednesday I didn't quite make it across the finish line. I was under goal in all areas.... but I DID have a nice kiddie cone of frozen custard (peanut butter cup flavor - yum!), courtesy of Netsin's Ice Cream.
Great place, that. And in my defense, it was starting to rain out and I was afraid I would melt. And my little dog, too. Cackle. No, I don't really have a dog. C'mon, lighten up, Francis.

The good news? Thursday was the first day that I hit both my steps and cups goals. Walked 11,746 steps and ate/drank 5.5 cups of fruits and veggies! Nice. But, first...

Got home last night and looked at my pedometer and ... WOO HOO! It read 89,680 steps! I am a stepping GODDESS! Muahahahahaha.... then I realized I had the thing upside down. Damn reversible numbers. No wonder my blood pressure is high. What? It's not high because of that, it's because I'm overweight? Liar! Excuse me while I take a boat ride down De Nial.

So I had to go back out for a short walk.
But I did manage to get my numbers in.

Yesterday I also signed up on www.SparkPeople.com. Thanks to Marty for showing me how it works, and to Amanda for reminding me to get off my butt and start using it! It's a fabulous website where you can enter what you eat and it calculates the calories, carbs, fats and proteins. It also tells you if you're not getting enough potassium and all those other great minerals. You can also track your fitness regime. I'm only tracking my steps. I know myself. If I tried to set up an ambitious fitness regime, I'd work the plan for a day, then people would find me curled up in a ball in the corner, whimpering, thumb in mouth, Hershey Kisses wrappers strewn all around me.

Anyway, if interested, my SparkPeople name is Donnamarieski. I created a personal page and a blog there, too, but it's a mini-blog, only snippets out of this one and not quite as funny. Don't worry, dear Blogspot readers, you will always get the best of DJ... all the groan-y puns, snippy quips, thrills, chills and spills.

Thanks to everyone who made positive comments on my Facebook page (www.facebook.com/Donnamarieski). I greatly appreciate all the support from everyone. I'm not surprised that so many of my high school classmates have similar problems. We're all at that tricky age: too old for Similac, too young for heart attack, know enough to not talk smack, just right for dental plaque (substitute achin' back if you prefer).

Today's Friday. I'm telling myself, to the tune of the great Blue Oyster Cult, "Don't fear the weekend, lots of veg and
fruit, don't fear the weekend, walk a different route..."

Have a great weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment